The types of activities listed above must be oriented and consistent with the key requirements of the Human Resource Management (HRM) system, listed below.
Supporting the implementation of common strategies and goals;
Creating added value based on all types of activities in the field of Human Resources;
Creating a database of programs for cultural change;
Release and development of the inner potential in people
Developing processes that maximize people’s contribution to the development of the organization; Reference: “The Perception of Human Resource Management (HRM)“, https://www.kosovatimes.net/the-perception-of-human-resource-management-hrm/
Assisting prospective employees to obtain organizational and managerial guidelines at an early stage of their career growth; Reference: “Effective Human Resources managers successfully perform leadership functions“, https://scrumtime.org/effective-human-resources-managers-successfully-perform-leadership-functions/
Implementing the principles of continuous training and development for all in the company and making them the norm of working life;
Development and implementation of a system providing access to the necessary experience;
Providing conditions for the use of specific skills and habits; Reference: “Human Resources Management (HRM) and Personnel Management“, https://www.mmrls.org/human-resources-management-hrm-and-personnel-management/
Hiring, developing, and training people with the necessary combination of specialized knowledge and a wider range of skills and orientations needed to flexibly respond to the rapidly changing requirements of modern business; Reference: “Moral Aspects of Human Resource Management (HRM)“, https://medfd.org/moral-aspects-of-human-resource-management-hrm/
Managing employees with service records, career aspirations, and internal principles;
Management of the collective and individual labor relations of the employees (or in a broader sense – the workforce), stimulation and maintenance of attachment during the period for the implementation of the changes; Reference: “HR management in HR departments and organizations: psychological problems“, https://bpedia.org/hr-management-in-hr-departments-and-organizations-psychological-problems/
Development and implementation of a system for remuneration and increase of labor efficiency, developing and motivating people, both individually and at the group level, to achieve the company’s goals taking into account the common priorities, as well as the management of this system. Reference: “Human Resource Planning in organizations“, https://www.kievpress.info/human-resource-planning-in-organizations/
Maintaining and improving the material and moral well-being of the workforce by ensuring quality working conditions that do not endanger the health and safety of workers. Reference: “Personnel management styles in Human Resource Departments”, https://wikipedia-lab.org/personnel-management-styles-in-human-resource-departments/
There are no universal models for Human Resource Management (HRM). It is also true that when comparing the concept of HRM with the concept of personnel management, many small features stand out. According to Guest (Guest, 1989a), “the HRM model is just one of the possible forms of personnel management, which is not at all suitable for all companies.” Reference: “Human resource management (HRM) as a theory“, https://pgov.org/human-resource-management-hrm-as-a-theory/
Managers believe in the ideas of Human Resource Management (HRM)
It is also true that managers generally believe in the ideas of HRM and, as a consequence, consider the concept as the best way to manage people in the interests of the company.
In this approach, such concepts as strategic integration, cultural management, company commitment, and integrated quality management, as well as the principle of unitarism (when the interests of management and employees coincide), are well combined with the HRM model.
These concepts are already part of the modern vocabulary of managers who are convinced that anything related to the term “strategic model for HRM” (although the term itself is not usually used), will eventually help them increase the effectiveness of work in the organization.
But attempts to achieve the “promised” results from Human Resources Management (HRM) through the use of certain mechanisms, such as payment based on labor, are ultimately unrealistic, say Mabey et al. 1998) and Gratton et al (1999).
- Reference: “Types of conflicts in organizations: Human Resources Managers challenged“, https://agileprogramming.org/types-of-conflicts-in-organizations-human-resources-managers-challenged/
- Website: “Development of the Human Resources Management (HRM) concept“, https://customer-service-us.com/development-of-the-human-resources-management-hrm-concept/
- Reference: “Conflict Management in Human Resources Management“, https://securityinformationeventmanagement.com/conflict-management-in-human-resources-management/
- Website: “Evolution of the concept of Human Resources Management (HRM)“, https://www.mu7club.com/evolution-of-the-concept-of-human-resources-management-hrm/
- Website: “Objectives of Human Resources Management (HRM)“, https://www.powerhp.net/objectives-of-human-resources-management-hrm/
- Reference: “Methods for human resources and personnel management“, https://managerspost.com/methods-for-human-resources-and-personnel-management/
- Reference: “Example of Human Resources plan of an IT / Software company”, https://www.islandjournal.net/example-of-human-resources-plan-of-an-it-software-company/
- Reference: “Get a Human Resources Manager certificate with a good training course”, https://eduwiki.me/get-a-human-resources-manager-certificate-with-a-good-training-course/
- Reference: “Human resources policies in the field of social protection”, https://mstsnl.net/human-resources-policies-in-the-field-of-social-protection/
- Reference: “Human resources management concept“, https://www.muzonet.com/human-resources-management-concept/
- Reference: “How to make a Human Resources plan for our organization”, https://mpmu.org/how-to-make-a-human-resources-plan-for-our-organization/
- Reference: “Human resource management plan in project management practices”, https://bpedia.org/human-resource-management-plan-in-project-management-practices/
- More HR related articles: “Managers, learn about working conditions and mental health“, https://www.polyscm.com/managers-learn-about-working-conditions-and-mental-health/
- More HR related articles: “Organization of the work environment and the workplace concerning mental health“, https://newia.info/organization-of-the-work-environment-and-the-workplace-concerning-mental-health/
- More HR related articles: “What is Management Grid in Change Management“, https://phron.org/what-is-management-grid-in-change-management/
- More HR related articles: “Theories of change management in organizations“, https://brightonbot.com/theories-of-change-management-in-organizations/
- More HR related articles: “Company development and problems of change in the organization“, https://ossalumni.org/company-development-and-problems-of-change-in-the-organization/
- “What is Management Grid in Human Resources Management”, https://mpmu.org/what-is-management-grid-in-human-resources-management/
- “Effective Human Resources managers successfully perform leadership functions”, https://scrumtime.org/effective-human-resources-managers-successfully-perform-leadership-functions/
Undoubtedly, regardless of our desire, there is something that can be described as a philosophy of HRM.
The implementation of the principles in practice can be done not only by “human resources managers”, but to the same extent by those who we call “personnel managers”.
HRM can be seen as one of the approaches to people management that is shared by both line managers and HR professionals.
This approach emphasizes the strategic nature of personnel management as a process that exists to move the company on the path to achieving its goals and that it is very important to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
Probably one of the most important and defining characteristics of HRM is related to its strategic focus.